Friday, October 29, 2004

Some quick thoughts...

I should be headed to class right now. But since I have already decided to dress as if i just rolled out of bed ( i am even wearing a baseball cap. for some of you, this might seem like a sign of the apocalypse... but i promise it is not), i might as well be a little late to class.

Instead I want to share a few random thoughts that I have collected since yesterday:

1) the only thing more disgusting than the food at Golden Corral is the fact that they have a display case in the middle of the mall with a plate of PLASTIC FOOD designed to look like their already DISEASED AND REPULSIVE items that they actually serve. I walked by the case and wanted to hurl. Plastic Grade F steak, plastic corn that looks like it has been pre-vomited up for you to save you the trouble, and I didnt even get a look at the other things in the case because I seriously felt my stomach lurch. Ew. Double ew.

2)The only thing cuter than a guy playing with a dog is a guy playing with a kid. Yesterday was Project Pumpkin... Wake Forest's annual "Lets have all these rich white kids do something nice for the not so rich not so white kids in the community" event. Despite my horrible descriptor tag, it is actually a very sweet and well run effort. And the best part about it is the grown men in costumes holding hands with small children who look up to him like he is the coolest guy they have ever met. I saw a guy dressed as superman carrying a little kid on his shoulders yesterday. I almost got down on my knee and proposed. To him and the kid. Then I remembered I have a boyfriend. Then i started thinking about my boyfriend with a kid on his shoulders. Then i blacked out from the overwhelming cuteness of such a thought. I am such a girl!

3)My brother is going to college next year. This is not a new thought. But i have to keep repeating it until i understand that it is true. It hasn't worked yet.

4)the Snooze button is the best thing that man ever created. Everytime i push it i get this overwhleming since of self gratification... its the ability to give yourself a little gift every morning. And if you are in a particularily gluttonous mood you can give yourself lots of gifts like you did this morning. You can also actually design the process such that you get to give yourself the gift AND still get up on time (just set it earlier than you actually need to be up) This is the only way to trick oneself that i have ever come across. You aren't awake enough to remember that you set it earlier than you needed to... so you get to press snooze, feel the swell of victory and power of personal choice... and you still get up with enough time to work on your physics lab. Or write a pointless on line post and watch dawsons creek . Whatever your pleasure.

5) I dont know if i really have a fifth one but it would really bother me to stop at 4. And i am willing to bet that it would bother you more than you are willing to admit. Just like when prices are like $2.49 or the fact that stamps are $.37. anything that involves me giving or recieving pennies as part of the transaction is no good. Round the damn thing up and take my nickle.

Ok. That is enough for now. If i leave now i won't be late for class. Better stop by the post office just to put it over the edge. Somehow I will probably still arrive there early. I have like chronic dorkosis. No matter how hard i try to slack and be late I am always the first freaking person there like some sort of hard core nerdmonger.
Ill let you know how it goes.

lata.

No comments: